top of page



Question 1: I would like to make changes to my home...what do I need to do? 


There is a formal process by which to obtain the necessary approval for any exterior improvements to your home or lot. Improvements include, but are not limited to, sheds, decks, and pools. If you plan to make improvements immediately, download a copy of the Architectural Review Committee Improvement Permit form on or send a letter to the administrator to have a copy of this application mailed to you. 

Note that you do not have to seek approval to maintain or replace any existing approved exterior condition. For example, you don’t need approval to repaint the same color but you would need approval for a different color. You may contact us 

or plans can be mailed to: 

SWPOA Architectural Review Committee
P.O. Box 1391
Lees Summit, MO 64063


Question 2: How can I get a copy of the Restrictions? 

Click here to view or download the restrictions.


Question 3: How do I report a violation of the Restrictions or make a complaint?

All violation complaints must be made in writing and must include your name and address. Anonymous complaints will not be accepted. You must include a description of the violation, the exact address of the violation, and the time(s) and date(s) seen. The complaint must be signed.

Reports of violations of the SWPOA Restrictions may be made in writing to: 

P.O. Box 1391
Lees Summit, MO 64063


Question 4: How does the SWPOA spend dues money?   CLICK HERE to find out more! 

The annual budget for 2018 was approved by the board at the December 12th, 2017, meeting. Click here to view the annual budget. If you have any additional questions, contact us.


Question 5: I am not happy with the traffic on my street (too slow, too fast, not enough signs, too many signs, etc.) Who handles these issues? 

The streets in Summit Wood are by owned and maintained by the City of Kansas City. Kansas City has exclusive responsibility and authority to add, maintain, and remove traffic control signage on city streets. The city does not inform the SWPOA of their actions nor the rationale for their actions. You may wish to direct your inquiry to the City of Kansas City, phone number 816.513.1313.

Realtor Information: 


Summit Wood subdivision contains 235 lots.

Annual dues are billed in December of each year.

Contact Vanessa King at to inquire if property dues are current. Please include lot number and address on all correspondence.

bottom of page